CompTIA PenTest+ is for cybersecurity professionals tasked with penetration testing and vulnerability management
The new CompTIA PenTest+ exam is available now!
Why is it different?
CompTIA PenTest+ is the only penetration testing exam taken at a Pearson VUE testing center with both hands-on, performance-based questions and multiple-choice, to ensure each candidate possesses the skills, knowledge, and ability to perform tasks on systems. PenTest+ exam also includes management skills used to plan, scope, and manage weaknesses, not just exploit them.
PenTest+ is unique because our certification requires a candidate to demonstrate the hands-on ability and knowledge to test devices in new environments such as the cloud and mobile, in addition to traditional desktops and servers.
About the exam
- CompTIA PenTest+ assesses the most up-to-date penetration testing, and vulnerability assessment and management skills necessary to determine the resiliency of the network against attacks.
- Successful candidates will have the intermediate skills required to customize assessment frameworks to effectively collaborate on and report findings.
- Candidates will also have the best practices to communicate recommended strategies to improve the overall state of IT security.
CompTIA PenTest+ meets the ISO 17024 standard. Regulators and government rely on ANSI accreditation because it provides confidence and trust in the outputs of an accredited program. Over 1.3 million CompTIA ISO/ANSI-accredited exams have been delivered since January 1, 2011.
CompTIA PenTest+ is a certification for intermediate skills level cybersecurity professionals who are tasked with hands-on penetration testing to identify, exploit, report, and manage vulnerabilities on a network. PenTest+ is unique because our certification requires a candidate to demonstrate the hands-on ability and knowledge to test devices in new environments such as the cloud and mobile, in addition to traditional desktops and servers.
CompTIA Pentest+ Benefits
Upon Completion of this Course, you will accomplish following:-
- Explain the importance of planning for an engagement
- Explain key legal concepts.
- Explain the importance of scoping an engagement properly.
- Explain the key aspects of compliance-based assessments.
- Conduct information gathering using appropriate techniques
- Perform a vulnerability scan.
- Analyse vulnerability scan results
- Explain the process of leveraging information to prepare for exploitation.
- Explain weaknesses related to specialised systems
- Compare and contrast social engineering attacks
- Exploit network-based vulnerabilities
- Exploit wireless and RF-based vulnerabilities
- Exploit application-based vulnerabilities
- Exploit local host vulnerabilities
- Summarise physical security attacks related to facilities
- Perform post-exploitation techniques
- Use Nmap to conduct information gathering exercises
- Compare and contrast various use cases of tools
- Analyse tool output or data related to a penetration test
- Analyse a basic script (limited to Bash, Python, Ruby, and PowerShell) Reporting and Communication
- Use report writing and handling best practices
- Explain post-report delivery activities
- Recommend mitigation strategies for discovered vulnerabilities
- Explain the importance of communication during the penetration testing process